Cultural Intelligence

Cultural intelligence is something that I never really thought about but it was something that I have been learning to do for a long time now. Some of these learning experiences came from my own curiosity to learning in class as I took different types of courses at ASU. I think it is rather important to learn about others and their culture as you go along in life and come across different people. This will help you develop your cultural intelligence and make things flow smoothly in a workplace environment. 

The main thing I think one should keep in mind is to be open minded when you interact with new people. They may have a different way of doing things that can cause tensions. I have seen examples of this whenever companies try to expand into other countries without trying to prepare themselves. The people they send can either come across as rude due to not understanding cultural norms of the local population. You have to develop your awareness when dealing with a new environment and ask questions about how people typically function to get a proper understanding.

Comments

Popular Posts