Networking

Networking is an interesting thing to do as we meet people you have never met before and get to talk about your different areas of expertise. Hearing from someone who has years of experience in your field is always an interesting learn experience as you tend to see what it is like at the end of the road in one way. It is also good to get advice on the different ways companies do interviews as they can differ depending on the level one is applying to. Networking is rather difficult as well as you can run into some roadblocks that can occur if you are only talking to someone online.

The NCUIRE event was interesting place to visit as it did give me a preview on what I can expect if I do a research project. There were so many interesting projects there that I was amazed by the different type of work there, especially the ones that are outside of area of study. The Applied Computing projects were also very interesting as people came up with some interesting ideas on machine learning that made me want to look into it later on. Unfortunately I did not manage to stay until the end since I had to take the shuttle to Tempe due to having a class there in the afternoon.

Comments

Popular Posts